Plainfield Township Fire Department is seeking a full-time Lieutenant to supervise a 2-3 person crew on a 24-hour alternating work schedule. This position is responsible for emergency response and non-emergency community involvement.
Pay range: Starting at $66,334 and increasing to $83,339, with cost of living adjustments based on the Employment Cost Index.Learn More HERE!
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of progressive fire experience is desired Required certifications from the Michigan Fire Fighters Training Council:
- Fire Fighter 1 & 2 Hazmat Operations Drivers Training
- EMT Basic License from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Valid Michigan Driver's License (or ability to obtain within 1 year for out-of-state candidates)
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer 1 certification (or ability to obtain the current State of Michigan course within 1 year)
Benefits & More: Benefits encompass FLSA overtime, call-back pay, and holiday pay, plus allowances for essentials like food and uniforms. Health coverage is extensive, with preventative care fully covered and deductibles paid into an HSA. Retirement benefits feature employer contributions to health savings and a tiered retirement plan. Generous leave allowances increase with tenure, alongside comprehensive disability and life insurance policies at no extra cost.